Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Post for Grace

This weekend, Bill, Sam and I took a trip to Ann Arbor Michigan.
Eli and Emily are now engaged and we had a small party for them at Emily's parents house.
We all really loved Ann Arbor. It is very quaint and alive.
First we took a very long walk though the arboretum.
We ran across the Fairy woods.
You can see a couple of the stick houses that Michigan Fairies live in.



That night we went in to town on main street for dinner.
If you are looking closely to will find fairy doors.
I am assuming that Ann Arbor must be a very happy place to live for fairies since they have so many communities here.

I could not get the photos in the right order but you can see this fairy home is actually inside a coffee shop (photo taken further back is last on this blog)
This fairy door was much higher off the ground. I am not sure what that means, do you?
My first guess is that this way she hovers while she is unlocking the door instead of standing where she could be stepped on by humans.



This fairy picked a toy store for her home, I think that was smart so she can play with a lot of children.

This is that coffee shop door I mentioned above.

I have lots more photos of the weekend but wanted to share my fairy weekend with Grace.
I did not actually see any fairies. I wonder if you have to be under a certain age to see them?

2 comments:

Anna said...

Aunt Jeni,
I loved all the fairy doors! I believe in fairies but I get kind of sad because they don't show themselves to me. Today I found a fairy wing. It is green. I think that is because the fairy lives in a moss home.

I think that you are right, the fairy did not want to be stepped on.

Thank you for sharing! I love you.

Grace

Anna said...

I have a very good friend who lives here whose family is in Ann Arbor. She has told us about the fairy doors and we have talked about helping the fairies find a home here!

Gretchen has said that Ann Arbor is a lovely town and I would love to take Grace there. Thank you so much for sharing!